2016/09/06

BOOKISH REFLECTIONS:
HOW I READ "A LOT"

One of the things people often ask me is how I read "so much", and I thought I would share my thoughts on this.

I have to preface this by saying that people read different amounts of books and at different speeds. It doesn't really matter. You can be a lover of literature and books and still only read one book once in a while. I actually used to read about ten books a year, and then I started blogging and the amount of books I was exposed to massively increased. Because of that the amount of books I read also increased. I also have to point out that I read quite fast and I always have.

The answer to this question is actually quite simple: I make time. I make the time in my daily life to take out my book and read.


That being said, I don't have a certain amount of time during the day to read, but I try to read at least a little each day. I read during my lunch break (though not always) and I almost always read about half an hour to an hour in bed before I go to sleep. I bring a book with me everywhere, so if I have to wait for someone or something, I can whip out my book and read a few pages (and if I don't have a physical book with me, I have a couple of e-books on my phone).

On my weekends off I read a bit more, an hour here and there during the day. It isn't often I sit for an entire day to read or several hours at once, unless the book is extraordinary. I am one of those people who often marathon entire series on Netflix and sometimes I have a hard time not doing that all weekend, every weekend, so I make the effort to fit reading into my day as well, because when I get going, it's great!

I love reading, but sometimes I don't feel the urge, I have to admit. I find doing the blog and YouTube is what motivates me most to pick up the book I'm reading and finish it, because I want to read them so I can tell you about them and discuss them with you. That is one of the reasons reading is so far up on my priority list as well, and what makes it worthwhile (next to actually enjoying it, obviously).


And that's about it! There isn't any magic to it, it's just like most things in life: you just kinda do it, and you keep doing it because you like it.

Let me know your thoughts on this! Do you make reading a priority in your life?

PS: I'm thinking of doing a post on how much I actually read everyday for a month (maybe in September?), where I keep track of the days and the amount I read every day and share it with you at the end. Let me know if you want to see that!
SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig