2017/09/06

BOOK REVIEW:
MAISIE DOBBS BY JACQUELINE WINSPEAR

Title: Maisie Dobbs
Author: Jacqueline Winspear
Published: 2003
Language: English
Pages: 309
Rating: 4/5

This is the first book in the Maisie Dobbs series.


Summary:
In this book, we meet the sharply intelligent Maisie Dobbs, who has worked her way up from being a housemaid to becoming a private investigator.


Review:
This was an absolutely wonderful book, and my god, how I enjoyed reading it!

I think this is a great introduction to this series; we meet Maisie who is setting up her office as a detective and gets an interesting case relating to the war; a war in which she participated as a nurse and suffered great loss in. Throughout the book, the mystery is revealed, as well as both her growing up and experiences in the war.

The writing is good and the setting is wonderful - I could easily picture the time and the place. I will say, this book is not without its faults, like the main character perhaps being a bit too perfect and the ending a bit rushed, but the enjoyment level is so high, I don't really care. It's a cosy and somewhat easy mystery novel and I just thought it was fantastic.

I can't wait to read more books in this series, and I would highly recommend it if you like historical fiction and mystery.
You can get this book at The Book Depository
You can read more about it on Goodreads


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig