2016/03/15

TOP 5: RUSSIAN LITERATURE I WANT TO READ

Having recently finished War and Peace, I've found I want to explore more Russian literature, so here are five books from Russian authors I want to read.

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov


A book that has been on my TBR for as long as I can remember, I think this will creep me out, but fascinate me.

Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol


I have read a tiny short story by Gogol before and really enjoyed it, so I want to read more of his works.

Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy


Because I enjoyed War and Peace, I really want to read another book by Tolstoy. I actually imagine I'm going to like this even better, because I've heard it's a lot more character driven, while War and Peace is very much historical and political.

Notes from the Underground by Fyodor Dostoevsky


This is actually one of the two books by Dostoevsky I own, the other one being a short novella, and I feel these are less terrifying than the beast that is Crime and Punishment.

The Captain's Daughter by Alexander Pushkin


I want to read this because I know my grandma read it and really enjoyed it and even told me I should read it. So, I probably should.


Do you have any Russian literature you want to read soon, or any books to recommend?


SHARE:
© The Book Castle | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig